Pages

6 May 2011

Symphonie in a jar

This is my newest blog. And to think I used to make fun of one of my friend for having multiple blogs. Shame on me! I've started this one out of... desperation. A few weeks ago I decided to stop being friends with a person who had started making my life increasingly uncomfortable. And since he knows my old blogs, I felt a bit wonky about him reading about what I do, even though we parted ways in a not-so-nice way. So I started Voodoo Jammer.

EXPLAINING THE VOODOO

Three months ago my dad (encouraged by my mum) bought me a sewing machine. It's a tiny thing, not complicated, does basic stuff. For those of you who know your machines, it's a Singer 2250 Symphonie. The next logical step was to enroll into a sewing class, which I gladly did. First thing you do in sewing class is a bag. The second thing you do is a pincushion. Once mine was done and all the pins placed in it at strategic point, it reminded me of a tiny voodoo head. Thus the voodoo cushion was born! Could have gone with "acupuncture", but this sounds cooler

EXPLAINING THE JAMMER

I would like to make preserves. There's something about a cupboard full of colorful jars that makes me smile. And every year it's the same: it's too expensive, it's too much work (again, mum), no time, no space. I've decided to start my preserving coup this year. Slowly, I shall sneak stuff in, jar by jar. Pickle by pickle and jam by jam. I know a jammer is not a person who makes jam, but, again, sounded good to me :)

EXPLAINING EVERYTHING ELSE

So this is my getaway blog, my little corner of the internet where no sadness can find me. Sewing and cooking are two things that make me very happy and relaxed. If I discover something along the way, I'll be sure to post it too. There should be recipes, advice, general ignorance (as the good folks of QI would say) and anything I might feel is important. As the welcome message says: Kick back, relax, stay a while. You might like it.

MAKING FRIENDS

I hope this little thing picks up. I would love to hear back from anybody and everybody, so don't be shy. Any questions, comments, just type and send. Also, I could use a beta, if somebody's willing :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Voodoo Jammer. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver